Gramps, née/born spouse name+ graphical output

gramps 5.1.5

hello
i discovered yesterday that software, for me it was obviously to put my genealogy (i got two different to do lol) into that software
it took me few hours to add most of information of half of my first gen/tree.

but i encounter two problems :
how to show systematically in the output format, the née name in addition of the spouse name?

i saw and installed the “graphic view” with the necessary addon, whom looks like to be perfect, it can include pics etc. But how to get that view as an output svg/png/pdf tree?

eg this thing, but with marriage dates + spouses names

i saw those :slight_smile:
www.reddit.com/r/Genealogy/comments/12009p4/looking_for_sw_or_addon_to_generate_printable/
gramps.discourse. group /t/how-to-display-two-surnames-ie-primary-married-name/3216/37
but the’re closed…

i thank you vm!

I do not have that view active in my installation. So I cannot test the following approach to see it uses the Display Name override.

You can create a New name format in the Display tab of Gramps Preferences. (Like: “Title Common (née FAMILYNICK) Surname”. Then create a Married name (and make it the Preferred name) with an overriding Display Name. (This is in addition to the Birth Name.)

It looks like that report ignores the Display Name format and pushes in its own format.

Have to fudge things by using the Family Nick Name instead of Name Origins (instead of the arbitrary and narrow “p/matronymic”). Ideally, Display Name format would be able to use Name Origins, Small Caps, and be more intelligent with the optional fields. A format like: “Title Common [(née PATRILINEAL)] Taken”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.