GEDCOM Export - CHAN Tag

Hi,

I’m running Gramps 5.1.5.
When exporting my tree to GEDCOM, the CHAN Tag for each person is set to the same date - not sure what date it really is - maybe the last date I made a backup?
Is there any setting I could activate so it is either not exported at all, or with the real date of my last change to the person?

Best regards,
OlliL

Did you use Tags for filtering your export?

Adding a Tag to a record modifies the Change Date for that record. Which is one of the drawbacks of using the feature to to Tag or add a citation to GEDCOM data as it imports. You lose the information about the vintage of that data.

Hi emyoulation,

not sure if I get you right. Are you refering to the 4 filters which can be applied in the export options? All those 4 drop-down-boxes are literally saying “all”. The GEDCOM export should contain everything.

What came to my mind - I regulary use the builtin function to sort all personal events by date. I assume that could be the issue as probably every person gets accessed and modified? Even if nothing changes? (Usually 95% of all events are still sorted correctly since the last time the utility ran)

This might indeed be the case. I’ve seen similar things with Check & Repair.