Editing a Family to add a "mother"

Using GrampsWeb version. Created a “family” with a father – but initially the mother was unknown and so was left blank. This shows up as “… …” when I view the Family. Later on the mother was identified. Can I edit the Family to add the mother?
When I click on “Edit Family” – I can’t seem to find a way to connect the new person as the mother.

Yes here

grafik

If you don’t see it, please paste your version info.

1 Like

Where do I see the “version info” on the web?

Your Gramps Web version information is under Settings/System Information

Click on the + symbol to load the mother’s details or if you have already loaded her as a person click on the icon of the finger next to Mother/partner2.

That’s true on Gramps for desktops. Gramps Web runs on the same engine but has a different GUI.

Yes, I am using only the Gramps WEB version…does that have a “version number”, if so how do I find that? There wasn’t a “Settings/System Information” section that I could find anyway.

The online help documentation has been revised in response to this question.

Does it help you find the version information?

And by the way, if you do not even see “System Information” under “Settings”, it just means you have a very old version before this was added.

There is also improved documentation on upgrading now: Update - Gramps Web

I have deployed using the “Digital Ocean 1 Click Deployment” method. The update instructions didn’t seem to indicate how that should be updated. Would you please give me some pointers. It seems the first order of business is for me to update the “Gramps Web”

Yes, you can follow those instructions. The relevant folder in the case of DO is /opt/grampsweb.

Thanking you in advance for your patience in helping with neophyte questions…
Before I changed anything in DigitalOcean it said Gramps Web 1.0 on Ubuntu 20.04

Then per your instructions, I opened a console in DO, navigated to /opt/grampsweb and ran

docker-compose pull
docker-compose up -d

I could see the following take place:

root@GrampsDroplet001:/opt/grampsweb# docker-compose pull
Pulling grampsweb … done
Pulling proxy … done
Pulling acme-companion … done
root@GrampsDroplet001:/opt/grampsweb# docker-compose up -d
Recreating grampsweb_grampsweb_1 … done
Recreating nginx-proxy … done
Recreating nginx-proxy-acme … done

After this when I went back to GrampsWeb, I did not see any change to the UX.
DO still says: Gramps Web 1.0 on Ubuntu 20.04

Would you please give some pointers on what I missed?

stopping and restarting the droplet appears to have done the trick…I can see the interface changed.