Changing event privacy in bulk

Is there a way to change the privacy setting of a number of events all at once? I have around 3000 that need changing - not very eager to do it manually by opening each and every event window…
I’ve made a filter that selects the ones that need changing; just not sure if it is possible to take the next step, and can’t find anything about it in the wiki or the forum. Please tell me it can be done! :slight_smile:

Yes it can be done. I’ve created a SetPrivacyTool addon which does that, but based on years not a filter.

1 Like

Thank you - that’s a very nice tool, and I’ll keep it in mind for later, but unfortunately it doesn’t help.
I want to use it for events that have part of the description in common, but have happened over the course of the centuries. I want to keep them in my database, but they clutter up reports, so I thought I’d leave them out by setting them to private.
If you made a special addon for this it doesn’t sound like a feature that’s hidden somewhere! I did find out that Gramps will open many events at once; that does speed up the work process quite a bit. I think I’ll be using the forced time off these days to just race them through.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.