Cells without names in descendant tree

Hello,
I want to make a descendant tree for a family party. My goal is to make a PDF file and then print it on a large printer (A1) after.
But the family is very large (+/- 200 members) and we can’t read all the names in the graph (some cells are void. Can you help me ?
I am a new member and can’t join the file to let you see. :unamused:
Thanks in advance !
Gramps version : AIO64-5.2.0-r1-6167151
grampsw.pdf (172,1 Ko)

Welcome François

Boosted your membership rights. You should be able to paste screen captures now. This is preferred over a PDF since different PDF readers generate different output.

The usual suggestion is to output to a SVG file instead of a PDF file. This will allow you to customize the layout and font sizes of the boxes. (A good free tool is Inkscape)

Thank you Brian !
I have add the PDF file so you can see the problem. Some cells are void … and I want to print all the names.
Another tip necessary : Is it possible to “join the couples”. For example Albert Bonmariage & Andrée Grosdent (his wife) in the same cell ?
Thank you !

François, I did a LOT of experiments before replying.

Most of our suggestions for higher density labels in Fan charts is to use a Report instead of a printing a Chart view. (Views assume a lower resolution and make some concession because of that. So the blank cells have rollover hints or tooltips.) But there are no “Descendant” Fan Chart reports.

With the density of 200 members, I suggest you use a different report: the Reports → Graphical Reports → Family Descendant Tree with the Progenitor as the Active Person

Paper Options

• set to Landscape
  • reduce the margins
  • Output format: PDF or SVG

Tree Options

• Compress tree
  • Bold direct descendants
  • Indent Spouses

Report Options

• Scale tree to fit: Scale tree to fit width only

Report Options

• Include data marked private