Can't add any more bookmarks

I have always been able to add bookmarks, now I cannot. It lets me click to add but nothing is added. I thought maybe I had too many. I had 36 so I deleted 2 and now have 34 bookmarks. It simply will not let me add. Not in relationship or in People view. I haven’t changed anything lately. The last change I made was to change from the standard dark theme to the standard light theme. I cannot remember any updates or anything. The last bookmark that added was about 2 weeks ago and nothing has added since. Can anyone help me? GRAMPS version info below.

Running Windows 10 pro
GRAMPS: AIO64-5.1.4-1
Python: 3.6.4 (default, Jan 23 2018, 13:17:37) …
BSDDB: 6.1.0 (6, 0, 30)
sqlite: 3.21.0 (2.6.0)
LANG: en_US.UTF-8

Works for me, I have roughly 120 bookmarks for mostly end of line ancestors.

Does using the shortcut Ctrl + D work for you?

Sounds like a corrupted piece of your database. (Glitches happen. Hard drive single bit failures & dirty power usually.)

If Gramps cannot get to the end of the bookmarks chunk, it probably can’t overwrite it either.

Make sure you’ve got a good backup with media on an external device.

Then try the Tools → Family Tree Repair → Check and Repair Database. Make ANOTHER backup (no media this time), close the potentially damaged Tree, start a fresh one and import that latest backup file.

You might want to run the Reports → Text Reports → Database Summary Report before closing the Tree the first time. Just so you’ll feel more comfortable that all your work passed through the backup/import wringer. And turning off the Add tag on Import General Preferences item before Importing will save space & time.

(DON’T use the export. It filters & can drop records that aren’t anchored in a way Gramps considers to be significant.)

@Patsyblefebre
No, I tried the ctrl + D, it did not work

thank you for trying to help though!

@emyoulation
I will attempt this. I actually did most of it before I made this post but I did not try fix and repair database. I will follow your directions and see what happens

1 Like

@emyoulation
IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.