'Bad Date' in Media

GRAMPS AIO version 5.1.5; Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)

For every media item, I’m seeing the error “Bad date”.

Here’s an example from Gramps: 8/19/2014 7:49:26 AM

I think this is the same data from the GEDCOM:
0 @M282@ OBJE
1 FILE M:\Genealogy\FTM 2019\Paul Yelk 2023-01-09 Media\Griswold, Hannah (1739 - 1826) - Tombstone.jpg
2 FORM jpg
2 TITL Griswold, Hannah (1739 - 1826) - Tombstone
2 _DATE 8/19/2014 7:49:26 AM

The GEDCOM was directly imported from the file on my PC. The GEDCOM was created from Family Tree Maker 2019 (24.2.0.1532).

The GEDCOM field name that start with an underscore are non-standard (or user-defined) fields.

The standard GEDCOM DATE data will be in dd MMM yyy format… with no time component. Family Tree Maker is probably using the timestamp as some sort of updated data checking scheme.

This data for media objects will not be used by Gramps.

Is this Date Time error isolated to the Media records? Or are the other components of the database affected? Of special concern would be Events.

What relevance are the dates entered in the date field to the media? It seems as if the entry may be the ultimate creation date of the record.

Question asked: Is this Date Time error isolated to the Media records? Or are the other components of the database affected? Of special concern would be Events.
Answer: I only have a couple of events for this person and it’s definitely not effecting this person’s events dates (she was born in 1739 and died in 1826).

Question asked: What relevance are the dates entered in the date field to the media? It seems as if the entry may be the ultimate creation date of the record.
Answer: It appears to be the date the media item was added to the FTM program.

I don’t see that these Gramps error dates effect the Gramps database in any way.

Gramps tends to put GEDCOM data that is non-standard (and that hasn’t been tacked onto the importer ) into Notes.

So the non-standard data is still there if someone wants to write something that USES that info.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.