AIO package default 'PATH'

After finding that I was unable to modify my add-on to display the image metadata using Exiftool, I contacted one of the developers who built a Python interface and his comments at Exiftool location · Issue #62 · sylikc/pyexiftool · GitHub , as I understand them, imply that if I could manually copy the necessary executable (and its supporting data) one might be able to still use that plug-in.

Question: is there such an equivalent place or local variable which could be tweaked so that Exiftool and its support data could located?

1 Like

emyoulation commented Dec 19, 2022

@tester0077
The Command Line Interface “version” options for the Gramps executable will list paths for your installation. The text-based list includes Python and the OS environment variables.

like:

PYTHONPATH:
    /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gramps
    /usr/bin
    /usr/lib/python37.zip
    /usr/lib/python3.7
    /usr/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload
    /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages
    /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages
1 Like

see my reply at: Exiftool location · Issue #62 · sylikc/pyexiftool · GitHub

1 Like

Have you looked at this EXIF section of the gramps/plugins/lib/libmetadata.py in the 5.2 version?

I have in the past, though I am not sure what you think I would find.

The interface to the Exiv2 library is part of the base Gramps code, as I understand things and that would include code to support the Exiv2 library, but I have not thoroughly tracked down just how this code is prepared for Gramps.
I currently have way too many irons in the fire to try and also look into this issue.

What is the content of this directory in your PYTHONPATH: C:/building/msys64/mingw64 ?

(I’m looking too for a way to be able to use external python libraries, and for instance I can’t find it)

Since I don’t have msys or ming installed, that path is meaningless on my PC - I am assuming you’re referring to a Win installation?
Though I suspect that having either installed would not help with the problem of grafting in external libraries or applications

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.