5.2 beta 2 thumbnails not showing

I copied the thumbnailer folder into the install. The new media record I added this morning immediately displayed its thumbnail after relaunch.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You will also need to copy the gramps/plugins/cite folder. You won’t be able to run reports with citations without it. I’ll create another build shortly.

Do you think there is significance that the .png MapsForFree map tiles cached by 5.1 are not recognizable by 5.2 until they are converted to .jpg? (Had to put the cached files in the path expected by 5.2 Gramps. But that’s liveable. )

No. Map tiles are unrelated to thumbnails.

I was thinking more about a mime type that was previously recognized and now was not. That maybe that might be true in other places.

Thinking that maybe the the tile reader leveraged the new thumbnailers plugins.

Was the reason thumbnailer plugins were creted was because of needing expansion hooks to add WebP, AVIF, HEIC, HEIF

I think this issue is related to the linux flatpak 5.2 beta1 thumbnails not showing. Media not consistently showing on 5.2.0-beta1 flatpak

I had also restored from a 5.1 backup, and the behavior shown in screenshots both here and in my thread where the full image is shown but not thumbnails is the same.

1 Like

@S.Mackay PR #1555 should fix the Flatpak thumbnail problems.

Making certain I correctly followed your suggestions below, added the print line to imagethumb.py
But running the Gramps console generated ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the console when executing the addon Tools β†’ Utilities β†’ Thumbnail Generator… on a freshly imported example.gramps with the media path preferences reset to the appropriate folder.

So I didn’t follow your instructions correctly (I put in 2 print statements in case the if criteria wasn’t true) or the β€œif mime_type:” wasn’t called

class ImageThumb(Thumbnailer):
    def is_supported(self, mime_type):
        if mime_type:
            print (mime_type)
            return mime_type.startswith("image")
        else:
            print (mime_type)
            return False