(Note: This is a cross-post of Mantis Issues 12219 - My attempt in Mantis to show a table didn’t work. So I am adding it here.)
The current ImageMetadata gramplet only displays EXIF metadata tags. Third-party image editing/management softwares are inconsistent in the metadata tags they use to stored descriptions and other metadata. These softwares may write descriptions of the people/events in image in metadata tags that Gramps does currently support thus some information may be hidden from Gramps users.
Exiv2 supports XMP and IPTC tags.
This request suggests:
- Expanding the metadata tags supported by the gramplet
- Display the detailed metadata fieldname rather than the friendly names. Friendly names can be duplicated across fields and may result in the belief there is a bug in the gramplet
- A new grouping of metadata tags so that like-tags are grouped together
- Changing the gramplet presentation to a list view (to support better sorting)
- Displaying a thumbnail image of any namesd regions embedded in the image.
(Note:. This change is independent of the PR I have made for the Phototagging Gramplet)