"Workflows" in Gramps

About my own workflows practices:

Macro Workflow:
As I said sometimes ago, I try to interact between Notion to manage my genealogical projects and actions, my “physical” researches, Gramps to register researches results, and Gramps again to export genealogical results.

Gramps Workflows:
For my Gramps workflows, I try to describe them on a specific page on my Notion (It need to be continued):

• their prerequisites:
    • what are my conventions
    • what are my tags and when to use them
    • what are my filters (and now Supertool scripts or filters) and when to use them
  • what are my “manual worflows” using these Gramps usages I’ve described before

To go further it could be cool to have some Gramps inside workflows wich can be defined:

• like defining some sequences:
    • WF1 - preparation sequence:
      • create a citation of a source and let the user manually enter information in it
        • open a new citation
        • open 3 new attributes for that citation
        • open media selecting tool to associate an image to the citation
        • eventualy create a source for that citation (so I need two wfs: WF 1A - select an existing source and WF 1B create a new one)
      • run a supertool script to dupplicate the citation three times
      • add these 4 citations to the clipboard
    • maybe manually selecting some places to add them to the clipboard (?)
    • WF2 - some “run” sequence (a basic possible one - i.e if source was a birth certificate):
      • create a new family
      • create a child person
      • create a birth event
        • assign it one of the citations from the clipboard
        • assign it the place from the clipboard
        • more difficult, assign the birth date to the event (some variables could be needed to these workflows to work automatically: birth date, source citation date, people’s names…)
      • store the event into the clipboard
      • close the child
      • create parents, witnesses…
      • etc…
  • and maybe then a WF3 to run WF1 then WF2 sequentially with a break between them to do manual stuff

About how:

1. I’ve seen it exist an open Workflow Description Language. Some links about it:
  1. I remember a discussion (1 or 2 years ago) on the Gramps mailing list about improvement of the form gramplet to allow it to manage things like that but I don’t know what happen after. It could be a starting point more feasible??
1 Like