Web Browsing Puppetmaster

I often have external genealogy websites as Citations. (e.g. WikiTree, FamilySearch, Ancestry, my personally generated Gramps site) I’d like to be able to use Gramps interactively as my Research browsing overlord.

Normally, I create a Source for the website and Citation where the “Page” is the unique ID for that record. (I originally put their full Query based URL. But those change too frequently.)
For my database driven sources, I have created a ‘Query’ Attribute that has an example query.
e.g. I have separate Sources for “FindAGrave (memorial)”, “FindAGrave (graver)” & “FindAGrave (cemetery)”. That have “https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/<Citation[ID]:Page>”, “https://www.findagriave/user/profile/<Citation[ID]:Page>” & “https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/<Citation[ID]:Page>” for their respective Query atttributes.

It would be very useful to have a gramplet that synchronizes browsing those websites with my Active Person navigation in Gramps. This would allow me to quickly harvest sources, identify missing cross-references to external sites, and resolve duplicates

In particular, it’d be helpful to have a gramplet that spawns several ‘named’ Browser instances and pushes a URL to each. The URL is pushed to the named instance if a Citation for a specific Source exists as the Active Person changes. (If no Citation exists for that Source, a “about:blank” URL is pushed so that the websites with advertising updates don’t eat bandwidth)

As an example, the Puppetmaster session might have spawned 8 windows: a [1]&[2] named for the FindAGrave, WikiTree, FamilySearch, & Ancestry sources.
When I switch to an Active Person where the Citations gramplet lists: 1 citation under the FindAGrave source, 2 citations for WikiTree, and 1 citation for FamilySearch; the 1st citation updates the [1] instance for the three named sources, and 2nd WikiTree citation is fed to the [2] instance for WikiTree and all others are sent a “about:blank” URL.

It would be expected that users would have to authenticate a session for each spawned browser window for sites that require a sign-in. But updates should be able to leverage the session authentication.

This feature would probably need an option to NOT push URLs as the Active Person changes. Also, a Manual URL update/sync button that bypassed cached page data. (For when the Source site content was known to have been updated or the user Browsed away from the Active Person)

Future expansions might include:

• color faux tags (like the Relationship view combined mode) associated with each the Sources driving each Spawned browser window. This would give a quick overview of Parents, Sibs, Spouses, Offspring who are missing a particular source. Most of the Websites have a linked view showing similar relations ships. So, if FindAGrave shows 2 parents, 3 spouses & 3 sibs but your Relationship view only has 4 tags, you could quickly ID & add the missing 2 cross-references.
  • Drag’n’drop website citation - drag a Puppetmaster spawned window indicator onto a person’s link in the Relationship view populates a new Citation Editor for that Source with the current URL in the Page referencing the target Person or Event. (User would have to trim the URL manually.)
  • expansion to Sources - Add quick access to a GoogleBooks or InternetArchive scan of a book. Or the ability to look up an ISBN or Library of Congress call number. Also, document management tools (like Zotero) have a web interface option. This would allow synchronized source browsing.