Size of images on peoples entries and icon size

Gramps 5.2.2 Linux Mint 21.3
I have a 27" screen set for 3840x2160 16.9. In Gramps all the images for people entries are really small as are the icon. Is this able to be changed with changing the screen setting which I have tried and it does not help.
Thank you for assistance
Paul

I dont know a true solution, but if you have the Graph View Plugin, you can zoom in and out and make everything bigger and smaller.
I dont think you can adjust the image size specifically, but you can make font smaller and just zoom in more to compensate.

EDIT: Misread, thought you meant the chart and not the people entries

There’s a “Thumb” directory in the Gramps User Directory that has a normal and large subdirectory. So perhaps the question is how to switch between Thumbnails? Or how to change the specified target Rectangle size?

normal 96x96    large 180x180  

9eab964940f6ad03d4c44a27318da11a 9eab964940f6ad03d4c44a27318da11a

These sizes are defined by the THUMBSCALE and THUMBSCALE_LARGE constants in the gramps/gen/const.py file.

On a 4K screen the large thumbnails should be displayed. You could try increasing the value of THUMBSCALE_LARGE and deleting the files in the thumbnail directory so that they will get recreated.

1 Like

Is there any place this information would fit in the wiki? There don’t seem to be any Config (or Preferences) features for the Relationship view for disabling/selecting thumbnail sizes. Nor are there Config options for the Media Preview gramplet nor for the Photo Tagging gramplet

I have installed the Graph View Plugin but the system says I need GObject introspection modules

Executables
How does one do that

I have no idea, I use Gramps on Windows, so i can just install the plugin and it works.
Someone else might know.

I wonder if a setting inside of gramps that change image size is something that could be filed as a feature request, and how hard it would be to implement.

I cannot find const.py on my PC. I’m using Mint linux

What is the full error message?

How did you install Gramps on Mint?

Another person on bug 13260 worked out they are using the Flatpak and had a issue with BSDDB not being installed that @Nick-Hall says is no longer included in the Flatpak.

At first I used the flatpack but reinstalled using the file off the web page. All is working fine except the images are very small on the people entries. I do not have the file reference shown for the file

Try finding the file with:

find /usr/lib -name const.py
1 Like

Thank you Nick found it. I have not used linux in a long time. what is the command to enabling editing of that file I do remember is had SU in it

Make a copy of the file first in case you make a mistake.

cp const.py const.py.backup

Then use sudo with an editor of your choice.

sudo nano const.py

Thank you
I have to type more things ;}}