Report to identify persons who are not direct ancestors

You could try that SuperTool filter (to put in the Rule field) if you want:

If you want them with a marriage record:

father and mother and len([event for event in events if event.type == "Marriage"]) != 0 and reltype == "Married" and len(children) == 0

If you don’t:

father and mother and len(children) == 0

You can change the number of children as you want: == 1, >= 1, < 4, etc…

I also have this regular filter to check if a family have children (or not if you reverse the results):

But, you can turn off the Sidebar filters in the View menu, such that they now appear at the top, where you can select “Number of Children contains” and enter 0. However, since it’s a text search, it will also return families with 10 (or 20, or 30, …) children.

In case others are wondering, the Number of Children column is a part of the People/Group People views and not the Families view. Which I again find curious.

I forgot that those "Number… " columns were there. I have never used them. I just use the Relative gramplet in the bottom bar for other family members.

But I renew my major complaint with this method. The first person that returns as valid for this method was my mother’s sister who lived 1 day. While she in fact never had children, I do not know how that could be of any use.

I leave it to @n88yanks to determine what meets his needs.

Actually, I hacked my copy of the Families view to include Number of Children and forgot that it was my own customization. I started adding columns to several views, and then decided it would be better to create new views as addons that could be shared, but I haven’t progressed much further on that yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.