New gramplet to show all images for a person

Hi Jan! Thanks for your interest!

Actually, enlarging the thumbnail turned out easier than I expected. And I’ve already pushed the change to GitHub - hgboldt/deepgallery.

Also, thanks for translating it into Dutch. I’m still very new to the Gramps development process. Do you want me to add you as a contributor? Or will you send me the translation file? Or do you wait until it’s in the addons-source repo? I’m still unclear about the proper way of proceeding after this point.

Cheers! Hans

Hi Hans,

Just found some time to test the photo magnification with your latest addon update. And also that works fine, thank you very much for that!!!
I have provided the Dutch translation as PR on your Github account.

I’m not an experienced developer myself yet, but I just started translating the main program and all addons again. And I offer those as a PR in branch ‘maintenance/gramps-51’ on Github. In the same way you can offer a complete addon.

Most translators will only take action when the addon actually appears in the Gramps addon branch. In addition, a new translation project has been started, see here, which has significantly changed the way translators work.

By the way, for sentences already in the main program, the translation from the main program is used. Regardless of the translation of the sentence in the addon. This is e.g. the case with the sentence ‘Make Active Media’ from your addon.

Best regards,
Jan

1 Like

Lekker, danke!

I’m still unsure of the next steps. I know I need to get the code into maintenance/gramps51, but it’s not clear how to do that in GitHub. Or if I have to manually repeat the change in a clone of the addons-source.

Cheers! Hans

As far as I can see you can add your addon via a git push if you have an account (which you have as I am not wrong).
The process is described here in paragraph ‘Commit your changes’.

But first you’ve to clone the complete gramps51 tree into your local machine of course.