List of living people at given date

Hi All,

just started using gramps and quite happy with the software.
However I was wondering if there is a way to get a list of living people at a specific date of my choosing? I tried looking in previous topics or in the wiki, but could not immediately find this.

E.g. I’m wondering if I can get a report of who was alive in 1990.
Is this possible? If yes: is it also possible to get per person listed in this report additional info such as residence in 1990 or any other personal situation (e.g. single/married,…) at that point in time?

thank you very much in advance!

Welcome

In the People Custom Filters there is the rule People Probably Alive where you can set a date.

Note: In Preferences the setting for the age after birth when a person will be considered dead when there is no death event record will come into play. The default setting is 110 years.

And a filter rule like this will be affected by definitions defining ‘before’, ‘after’, and ‘about’. These are set with the default range of 50 years.

A person’s birth event with the date 'about 1840’ will be considered as being born on any date between 1790 and 1890. This person will return as true for probably alive in 1990. Altering the date ranges in Preferences will limit these results.

As to a report, the resulting People view list can be configured to display spouses. The only type of report to then include where they were living in 1990 would be the Complete Individual text report. But this is not a list type of report.

Maybe if you provide more information on how you see yourself using the report others may be able to offer suggestions.

You could get a separate list for that, by creating an Event view filter for Residence events and including your People filter in its definition. See the “Events with <data>” and “Events of persons matching the <person filter>” filter rules.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.