(invalid token) line26, column 23

GRAMPS version 3.4.7. Windows vista
Hello good morning. The backup gives me this error:
not well formed (invalid token) line26, column 23
What should I do?
Thamks

See if upgrading to a current supported version of Gramps 5.1.5 fixes the issue for you?

No, it shows the same error.
Thank you anyway

No, please don’t do an upgrade before resolving a bad backup!

A usable backup should be confirmed before upgrading Gramps!

But you COULD use The PortableApps Gramps fork installed to a USB thumbdrive. Then copy the database folder on the thumbdrive too.

Preferably, take that to another computer to experiment with recovery.

What works best probably depends on your hacking skills. A .gramps file, is actually a file in Gnu Zip format (.gz). If you rename it to .gz, you can use 7-Zip to extract files from it, and then you will most likely find another file named something.gramps, which is a text file in XML format. And if you load that into Notepad++, it will probably show some invalid XML in column 23 of line 26, which you may be able to fix, if you know how to hack XML.

There is a chance however that the actually GZ archive has been corrupted, and in that case, the extracted XML will have real garbage in that line. And with that I mean the sort of garbage that it’s almost impossible to fix.

Which one it is, is hard to tell, but if you want, you can send a private message to me, and ask for my email, so that you can send the .gramps file to me, and I can have a look. I’ve done this before, so I know what to do, and if it works, meaning that the archive itself was not corrupted, I will send a corrected .gramps file in return.

There are more options if you still have the grampsdb folder somewhere, but if you had, you’d probably have no need for that backup.

Yes please.
I attach the file. See if you can do something. Thank you very much.
I use google translate to write

(Attachment amparo-enrique_2023-03-07 - copia.gpkg is missing)

Look hat it says:

Unfortunately some attachments in your email message to [“incoming+6ea0814452c1a6726735310ba49c23e4@gramps.discoursemail.com”] (titled Re: [Gramps] [Help] (invalid token) line26, column 23) were rejected.

Details:
amparo-enrique_2023-03-07 - copia.gpkg: Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, heic, heif, webp).

Julian

Hello Julian,

You can’t send these through the forum. I just sent you a private message with my email address, so that you can send it to my email, or use an on-line service like OneDrive to share it with me.

Regards,

Enno

I will send a repaired file in a minute, but that is for Gramps 5.1.5, so you will need to upgrade to that. I hope that it works on Windows Vista.

You need to upgrade, because the errors were most probably caused by check & repair, and can show up again when you use that in Gramps 3.4.7.

And it seems that this error still existed in 5.1.2, because I found the same malformed data in this bug report:

https://gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=11821

You may be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, if Gramps doesn’t work on Vista.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.