How do you personally write out independent cities

I’ll just add it in the notes. Westsylvania was never recognized … although the French provided support there too.

I do put military service under both the Westsylvania militia & the CSA although the battles are in the US.

Oh… I do have ancestor & relatives who were Confederate rebels too. (So I’m not a purebred Yankee!) The maternal line of one of my great grandfathers had been in Charleston SC since well before the Revolution. 3rd great grand-uncle Dr. J.J.Chisolm treated wounded at Ft. Sumter and was the first doctor commissioned in South Carolina’s forces.

I too have cousins who got lost heading west and headed south instead. And yes some fought for the Confederacy and some even owned slaves.

I would never think to call someone from Texas a Yankee. And while I may be a Yankee, it’s Red Sox over Yankees! :baseball:

Actually, I was born & raised in Western Pennsylvania. 3 of 4 grandparent lines had been in that area for generations… within decades of the first settlers. So I’m definitely a Yankee invader from a Texan viewpoint. :wink:

I’m not a baseball fan :nerd_face: , but the Red Sox?!? :scream_cat: (Just kidding!)

I have to admit that the only pro game I’ve attended was a Pirates game at the Three Rivers Stadium in the 70s. Of course that was back when they had some players.

(I have to apologize for hijacking this thread. Sorry everyone!)