How do I change the GrampsPortable (Windows) Language?

The Italian user left out some information about trying GrampsPortable to run in his language. He ran the Installer, selected Italian but Gramps still ran in English. I did some experiments and came up with the following:

Even though Italian was chosen from the pop-up menu in the Installer, GrampsPortable still ran in English.

[Defaulting to English is by design. The PortableApps people decided that they have run into too many variants of dynamically configuring an App for another language. They now just offer options to install language support. Then leave the final configuring to the user.]

So I looked at the various settings files. In the [Language] section of the GrampsPortable.ini settings file, the “DefaultIfNotExists=” was still set to “en_US” (English, USA dialect). Searched for something that resembled Italian in the files and found dictionary and affix files that were labeled “it_IT.dic” and “it_IT.aff”.

Updating the settings file in a text editor (I used Notepad++) made GrampsPortable run in Italian.

Copying the it_IT dictionary and affix files from
..\GrampsPortable\App\Gramps\share\enchant\myspell-all
to
..\GrampsPortable\App\Gramps\share\enchant\myspell
enabled spell check in Italian.

The location of the settings file to update when installed on a USB drive mounted as drive letter “G:”

G:\GrampsPortable\App\AppInfo\Launcher\GrampsPortable.ini

The setting file chunk to be updated:

[Language]
Base=%PortableApps.comLocaleglibc%
CheckIfExists=%PAL:AppDir%\Gramps\share\locale%PAL:LanguageCustom%*.*
DefaultIfNotExists=it_IT