Does a Fedora Gramplet menu bug happen on other OSes?

When using Fedora linux 37 with Gnome 43.6 and Wayland, the Gramplet sidebar’s “Add a gramplet” popup submenu is drawn offscreen when the Gramps window is full-screen.

I have to resize the Gramps Window so there’s room to the right to draw the menu

On Windoze, the popup handler recognizes the screen limits and draws the menu to the left instead of the right of the Arrow button.

Is this a symptom only on Fedora? Or does it happen in other Linux distros and macOS?

It goes left here too, on Linux Mint 21.2 (beta) with Cinnamon.

1 Like

No problem with Arch Linux with Gnome 44.3 and Wayland. The sub-menu is drawn on the left.

1 Like

I think the reproduction conditions are missing something.

Today, as the first task of the day (after rebooting,loading Gramps & an example.gramps tree), the menu recognize the screen limit and draws onscreen.

Some possible contributing factors that have changed:

• I typically ‘suspend’. This was a reboot. But the issue has persisted through several reboots.
  • I have relocated and do not have access to the second monitor I was using off the HDMI port. (Which was configured to the left. Fedora hasn’t been recogizing the monitor type since an automatic OS update. So it had fallen back to a 800x600 resolution.)

Probably not a bug…

I’ve tested with another HDMI monitor and it recogized the device properly.

Since the external monitor detection failed for monitor that WAS correctly detected before the OS update and correctly detected a different monitor AFTER the update, this makes it likely that the cached file for that device was corrupted by (or invalidated by) feature changes of the OS update.

Since this could likely have affected the virtual screen size of my desktop, I think this menu drawing symptom is not a Gramps or GTK bug… just a corrupted file.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.