Documentation configuration example

Gramps 5.1.6
Gramps Web API 1.5.1
Gramps Web Frontend 24.1.2
locale: en
multi-tree: false
task queue: true

Documentation change suggestion, perhaps :

This comment applies to the graphic shown, the sample file at “https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gramps-project/gramps-web-docs/main/examples/docker-compose-base/docker-compose.yml” is workable as is, but I feel the example should be more accurate.

In my limited experience docker-compose complains about missing colon “:” character.

There was also complaint that EMAIL_USE_TLS was not a proper value, until true or false was enclosed with double quotes (i.e. “true” or “false”). Also all lowercase for that value seems required.

Hi, that’s not a docker compose file. It’s a configuration file that requires Python syntax, e.g. for Booleans. See the other thread.

Hi. Apologies.

Sorry to appear, or to be, dense, but I still do not understand.

Once I noted that changes to docker-compose.yml, after a “docker-compose down” and "docker-compose up -d) reflected those changes in the “environment” as seen by, say, “docker system grampsweb_celery env”, I just “put on blinders” and pressed ahead.

Seems there are two files in play, one being the “docker-compose.yml” file and another a “configuration file”, with distinct syntax?

I have conflated the two? In that case, I missed where this configuration file resides.

Hopefully this is a logical question to ask, “which rules”? That is, if a value, “EMAIL_HOST” for example, is defined in each file, which one will be in effect? I hope that is a clear question.