Default tree view?

Surely asked before, but not found searching.

Is it possible to set the default Family Tree view? To, say Hourglass view? If so, how?

If not, Enhancement Request?

Gramps 5.1.6
Gramps Web API 1.5.1
Gramps Web Frontend 24.1.2
locale: en
multi-tree: false
task queue: true

Hi,

feature requests are tracked on Github and this one already exists: Feature - save family tree view settings · Issue #67 · gramps-project/gramps-web · GitHub. Just watch that issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, Sadly it appears nearly 2 years without further comment on that.

I suppose that puts the onus on me to dig into the coding? Boy, that’s asking for trouble . . . :exploding_head:

Actually, posting a comment to that GitHub thread also raises its profile too.

David has a ton of tasks on his ToDo list. So fine tuning enhancements tend to fall off the radar when there are critical issues.

Discussions that thrash out the potential problems and explore possible implementations can be more useful than vague suggestions too. So multiple people discussing the options gives more viewpoints. And it lightens the creative load on the developer.

(Of course, some developers prefers things done the opposite way.)

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t know anything about programming, not at all.

The project as a whole is really great.

I would also like to support the project financially, I do the same with other projects I like.
Of course I don’t want to take over the project and decide what is important and should be done first, but I would like to see some things implemented.
do I just have to find someone to change/add the feature?

Gramps Web is a bit different than the Gramps Desktop.

It is so new that it has David doing basically everything (design, coding, debugging, tech support). There are a couple people just getting their feet wet in development and documentation. So if you want to have a big impact, helping David (with the user docs, tech support or roughing out designs for specific features) will free him up to work on expanding the feature set.

If you have the funds available to do so, choose one of the installation options (home server for local use only, Digital Ocean droplet, GrampsHub, or general hosting service). Then set up Gramps Web on it every day for 2 weeks. Wipe it out each day and do it all over. By the end of the 2 weeks, you will be proficient enough to help improve the docs for setting up on that hosting method.