Best way to include note with citations (e.g. press cutting, obituary etc)

I was reading this thread and had a similar / follow up question.

One of my ancestors had some coverage in both a local history book and local newspaper. At the moment I have included details / extracts as a note to the person so that it prints out in the “Complete Individual Report” (other reports may include this also, not sure). Obviously this is as if not more interesting than some of the standard data points produced by events.

The thread I referred to suggested there is no way to include a citation directly in the note. I have therefore attached the citation to the person but obviously the report doesn’t include a direct endnote reference in the note itself, just an endnote reference at the persons name.

Is there a preferred way to do something like this?

The alternative I just played around with is to create a custom event (which would be the date referred to in the book, the newspaper event, etc) and then include a note with extract to that citation? However are there issues in doing this if I want to export to GEDCOM later?

It is possible to attach a scan of the aricle to the citation. If the text is foreign or hard to read you can also add a transcript text as a note to the citation as well.

1 Like

I’d also add a custom event to the person.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.