Refreshing "Description"

GrampsAIO64-5.1.2-1 Windows 10

Is there a tool or way to refresh the Description in an event? The Birth and Death events create a description like “Birth of John Smith” but I then had to edit the name suffix and it did not alter the description. Any solution or suggestions? Thanks

I have also checked and at this stage have 7,959 events and only 7,602 of these have a description. Any suggestions on how to force a description as the ones without descriptions include Birth, Death, etc (ie the standard events types)?

I don’t see any value in having this data in the descriptions. It is a waste of storage since such descriptions can be (and should be) generated on the fly.

There is a tool that will populate blank descriptions. But I don’t see a corresponding tool to flush or refresh the description.

Make a backup BEFORE running this very dangerous addon.

Thanks for the suggestion. Did a backup and ran this addon and appears it has worked fine for the blank ones. Does not look like it refreshes or overrides any existing one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.