Printable visualization of the complete family tree

My procedure is to designate a start person, e.g. me if I want all my relatives, and have a look at the tree. As I said, this will give all my ascendants, descendants and their spouses. I then add my remotest ancestor. But this has the drawback that descending trees can be really huge with many connectors crossing due to implexes and generation duration difference on various lines.

Regarding my patch, what is your skill in manually installing software? I can send you the whole source directory which you can install in parallel with your “official” version. But there are many caveats because it is experimental. In particular, I am not on the same DB version as the official releases. This means you must import your database into my Gramps and not use it against your existing DBs otherwise they are irremediably damaged.

I may not have been clear. My patch does not collect all person in the DB, it saves the settings for the report(s) so that next time you reload these settings without the pain to enter them again. Thus, you can incrementally converge over full DB coverage. But, once again, I don’t recommend it if your DB contains more than 1000 people. I remember having drawn a chart with 500-600 persons and it was unusable, though it was 2.5 m long and 10 generations wide. The connectors tended to merge and couldn’t tell where they exited the crossing because their angles were too small.

We can continue the discussion on private mail.