Plans to Update Forms Addon Over the 2024 Summer

This should be directed to the team that can publish addons : Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

Personally, I won’t be publishing them since none seem to be actually ready for publishing.

One thing to note about the form file in the Form gramplet - any field name change will break existing entries for that form name. For instance, I used a preliminary US1950 form template and when the final was published, every one of my entered US1950 entries broke (attribute name changes broke the relationship to the field). I ended up copying the old form template to the custom template and renaming it as the best solution. There is no process to update an existing attribute to match a new form.

Individual status below:

PR is on master, not gramps52. Open question in comments:
You have two different PRs for FormUS, this one and #542. Is this one to be applied on top of the other, or does it supersede the other (which should be deleted)? I ask because some of the changes in #542 seem to be undone by this one.

PR is on master, not gramps52. The last comment on this is from @Nick-Hall . An earlier comment is:
> Hi Paul
> I am sending this on behalf of my father. He was in an accident and is unable to respond himself. About the form_us.xml changes. He said that the Would War 2 form had been completed and checked to ensure that the changes would not effect any data that had already been input and should be released. The other form was a census and should not be released and disregarded completely. He hopes this is useful.

PR is on master, not gramps52. The last comment on this PR is asking for review:
A revised version of the form is at /World%20War%20II%20Draft%20Registration%20Card. If someone/anyone/everyone could take a look at it and make suggestions to improve it would be helpful.

PR is on master, not gramps52. The last comment on this PR is from @Nick-Hall . It is still tagged as Work-In-Progress, which to me means it is not ready for publishing.

PR is on gramps51 not gramps52.

1 Like