Need help getting texlive to work properly with ancestor tree

I am using ubuntu 20.04.1
but I have it working great now! :smiley:

Something similar I found with Graphviz graphs, if you set the dpi to 600 or larger, graphviz crash… no matter the paper size.
300 dpi works

thanks. I never realized how things like that could affect how it works

I dont know…

I have a Ryzen 9 with 64 GB of ECC RAM, 2x 1TB NVME SSD (one for system and applications, one for data, cached workspaces and so on), and a SATA SSD for other workarea with less load…

still, there are lots of this libraries/apps that just crash if the size of data get to large… networkx should be able to handle milions of nodes, so I don’t know what the problem with the report you run, but if it use Graphviz, I bet its Graphviz that gives you problems when you run with to much data…

1 Like

Found the message in the user manual :slight_smile:

Report could not be created

The Report could not be created dialog can occur for various reasons, eg: one reason is that the custom paper size you have chosen for the report is too large for PDF format that is being used.

Tango-Dialog-information.png64x64 PDF size limits

Each Adobe PDF Version format specification has a maximum page size limit, for:

• PDF Version 1.4 (Acrobat 5.0) and PDF Version 1.5 (Acrobat 6.0) the maximum PDF page size is 200" x 200" inches (508cm x 508cm)
  • PDF Version 1.6 (Acrobat 7.0) and newer the theoretical PDF page size is 15,000,000" x 15,000,000" inches (38,100,000cm x 38,100,000cm) but in reality most programs do not properly support any sizes above 200" x 200" inches (508cm x 508cm).

See PDF From Wikipedia.

Gramps 5.1 Wiki Manual - Error and Warning Reference - Gramps

thanks, that might have been part of the issue. as soon as I drooped below 10 generations though it worked :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.