How to store a text with citations and media?

Sorry if I’m coming back to this thread subject :wink:

I’m currently in the process of reformat my sources to tell from who I’ve got photos in medias, even mine.

I create a source “Patrice Fund. Personal Photos” and associate medias of these photos to that source. Author is me, publication information is what I want (i.e. Digital photos from author from 2000 to 2020, Scanned photos from 1980 to 2000, etc.), repository is me too and repository reference is where I store them (dropbox, google, …).
I don’t use citations for them just that source.

For a grave’s photo I took, I add another source about “Grave of xyz, located at City name”, Author is me, repository me again with type “seen personally”. Then I create a citation “xyz’s Grave seen by author”, date it and join the media of the grave photo to that citation. Then I join the citation to the burrial event and often that media to the event’s medias.

For some other photos I don’t took, like photos I’ve scanned from my mother’s photos album, I do the same, one source for all media, and for each photo I’ve reviewed with her, I create another source “Photo of xxx, Reviewed with Mother’s Author”, Author: Her, Pub Info: Date of review, Repository: Her.
In that source, I share the media of the photo and add transcription notes saying what my mother told me about the picture.
Then I create citations of that source for each piece of information from transcriptions to share them with appropriate events. Sometimes I share one citation “Photo is Uncle Bob picture” to the media itself if she have told me who are people on the photo, to say from who media title “Bob’s Photo” come from.

2 Likes