Custom CSS stylesheet location

Hi all
I am looking at tweaking one of the built in sylesheets, but can’t see where it should go so that I can select it in the html option tab from the stylesheet dropdown when creating a new narrated website report.

1. The wiki suggests you create a new one in a new css folder:
    “copy one of the existing stylesheet in $HOME/.gramps/css/ . This directory doesn’t exist. You must create it before copying your future stylesheet”
    I tried creating that folder and adding a renamed copy of an existing css, but I don’t see it in the dropdown list.

2. The wiki also suggests that it goes into a css folder in the plugsin folder:
    “Please place the css file in your plugins css directory and select it from the reports Stylesheet option found on the [Html options] tab.”
    I created a css folder in plugins, and placed a copied css stylesheet into it but but that did not seem to work either.

I closed and restarted Gramps each time, in case it needed to pickup the location, but no luck. Is there another place for a custom stylesheet? I am using Windows 10, GrampsAIO64-5.1.2-1.

John

Hi John

You are on Windows so the folder will be with your user files.

c:\users%you%\appdata\roaming\gramps\css

In Windows, the AppData will be hidden by default.

To have it work, make sure that the css file has a unique name different than the default Gramps options.

Once the file is in the folder, you will need to relaunch Gramps for it to be seen

Thanks DaveSch,

That worked, I can see my new css file in the dropdown.