Multiple dashboard layouts

It seems like there is a good argument for having reusable layouts in the Dashboard.

Initially, Gramps has a few introductory gramplets and I have to restore it for screen shots. But I often want a layout with a set of Statistics gramplets.

Or Date related Gramplets:

And other times, I need a set of Isotammi Gramplets.

Or I might configure a panel of 4 complementary QuickViews.

Changing between these layouts is tedious and fussy.

So if there was a toolbar control (similar to the Custom Type combo control) that selected between named layouts in the Gramplets_dashboardview_gramplets.ini file (or allowed a New Layout Name to be entered… which clones the current layout under that name) then the power of the dashboard would be greatly expanded. A context menu could be added to the indicator to the left which allows a layout to be removed or reset to default for any built-in named layouts.

The context menu might include an explicit Column count control … so the Configure could just be limited to the Gramplet configurations options.

Creators of new Dashboard views (like @cdhorn 's CardView could leverage the control to maintain multiple configurations too… or opt to stay with their own configuration controls.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.