How to create a Cousin Report

Hi @khogra, please see the wiki for the proper way of creating custom filters. Hacking the xml file is not a good thing to do until you are very familiar with it. But hopefully by looking at the contents of my post you can see what options you would need to choose as you create each filter. The tricky part is that one filter depends on another, so they have to be created in the right order.

@emyoulation, you asked if there’s a more efficient way. I don’t know if my filters would be faster or slower than yours.

A while back, this article was written here on the Discourse forum: Sharing custom filters using XML

Was hoping for some feedback so it could be converted to a Wiki guide. But it sort of faded away without much response.

Even if you do not choose to experiment with XML in the Custom Filters (where error are pretty innocuous), you should probably learn more about the Gramps User Directory. (There’s another article where we share info about where to find various support files in the different OS families the run Gramps.)

Hi Brian,
the three-part filter works very well for my purposes and is really fast enough too (for about 3,000 people).
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hi George,
I have inserted your rules directly into the file “custom_filters.xml”.
After restarting Gramps I also tested it, but some rules (e.g. the parents) are obviously still missing.
However, since Brian’s suggestion is completely sufficient for me, I will not continue with this solution. Nevertheless, thank you very much.