How do you control/change View panel width and height

I have to correct something important: column resizing works with or without Nick’s patch.
I have been fooled by the behavior of other programs, in the way that those change the mouse pointer to a two-headed arrow when you hover over the column separator. This does not happen in gramps so I presumed I could not grab the separator. So stupid …
Sorry for the noise I created, so the problem limits to the panel separator.

To me, this still looks a bit weird, because I do see that two-headed arrow when I move my mouse pointer over column separators. I’m using Gramps in LMDE 5, which is short for Linux Mint Debian Edition, and comes with a Cinnamon desktop.

When i use a touch pad, i find these control virtually impossible to use.

Perhaps if I find the padding (or the threshold) CSS for the column borders, tweaking those might help.

Yes. I’ll create a gramps.css file in v5.2.

I’ll also remove the black background colour.

1 Like

I also see a two-headed arrow. The icon is called ‘col-resize’ and its actual appearance will depend on the icon theme.

1 Like

User vs Application is a bit of a distinction of perspective. I suspect that a lot of CSS for Gramps modules has been done using the internal or inline methods rather than a common CSS sheet. Or some might even use a privately managed CSS sheet.

But I’m really talking about the layer of customization that a user might want direct control over. The Themes gives most of this control right now. It allows cusomization like font and point size. Which helps users of high-res monitors who have poor vision… or are doing a presentation with a high-def projection system to a large group.

You have a specific case with the handles for resizing panels. I might be willing to fuss with a the infrequent resizing of a panel so that it doesn’t nibble away from the hotspots of a narrow vertical scrollbar. And I might chose the vanishing & narrow scrollbars instead of always visible & wide ones to buy extra space for a view.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.